|Pretty Safe to Assume That Sleeping Beauty Is Not A T1D Parent!|
It's 11:21 p.m. and I have been 'sleeping' for about an hour.
Except, I am not.
I'm in my office and chugging my umpteenth bottle of water for the day. I feel twitchy and restless as sometimes happens as a mom of two with T1d. Even though I logically know everything is fine, my head just can't (or won't) settle down enough to fall asleep.
So if you can't beat it, write it with a goofy (yet true) nonsensical blog entry of my very own version of Insomnia: A Top Ten Countdown of Random Thoughts!
(In bed, attempting to sleep)
10. - I'm thirsty. How much water did I have have today? Definitely not enough. Am I dehydrated?
9. - It sure was hot today. Glad I am indoors with air. Wait, why is it so freaking hot in our house?
8. - Is the air on? I hope it didn't break. That's an expense we don't want right now with the kids.
7. - Kids! How are the kids sleeping in this heat? Hubby sleeps through everything. Grrr.
6. - Wait, why haven't I heard any noises from the kids' rooms? It's too quiet. Are they dehydrated?
5. - Is the Share working? I better check. Wait. Is the volume on the cell phone on? I better check.
4. - Maybe I am awake for a reason? Maybe I am not supposed to sleep in case something happens.
3. - Did hubby check their blood sugars before he went to sleep? How on earth is he sleeping? Grrr!
2. - I better check the Share again. Maybe it is not working. I better just test the girls directly.
(Get up, walk to bedroom 1 and bedroom 2 for a little Florence Nightingale round of blood sugars and then, head back in hopes of having all thoughts rested for a solid night's sleep)
1. - Perfect numbers? How is that possible? I better stay awake and check again in a few hours.